PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Has your UK CAA I/R lapsed by more than 7/6/3 years?
Old 2nd Jun 2013, 21:00
Fart Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
8che, Interesting point that I've chatted to a few pilots about.

2 issues. It seems the UK wants an EASA TRE to do a skills test, however the rest of Europe is still happy to accept 3rd party paperwork for type ratings and IR's, I THINK (I know one authority definitely does it for both parts). The second point is that it is acknowledged by EASA that a multi-pilot type and IR test are one and the same, you can't, for example, just put an A330 on your licence, you need to have a valid IR as well to undertake the skills test. Therefore if they acknowledge our third party IR's, then does it not follow that the same stands for our third party type ratings...?

The Licencing managers I've dealt with at Gatwick have actually done a very good job in listening to our case and then writing this derogation, so I'm going to let the dust settle a wee bit before I run the type rating issue past them. If it is taken up, then the only thing we have to do is an EASA medical and maybe send in your 6 monthly paperwork as proof of recency/currency etc.

I'll get back to you........