PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Incident at Heathrow
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2013, 19:00
Joetom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, Airbus recorded 32 cowl events up to the summer of 2012.

So now, at least 34 recorded, plus some un-recorded I could guess.

I wonder if any data exists of incorrect fitment of cowls picked up after cowls closed. ie. Second inspection by maint. Pilot PDC. Ground crew/push back people.

I can only guess the number of incorrectly latched cowls after closure must be huge, but so many times before it gets picked up before flight by the 2nd inspection, pilot or ground/push back crew.

The industry records the data year on year, makes a few changes and hi-lights the events from time to time, job done.

The old saying that " History shows us that we don't always learn well from history events "

I would be very surprised if a good fix is not already designed, made and tested. It just needs the Industry/FAA/EASA to press the button and get it fitted.

Paying for the fitting of the fix ? with just about 5,300 320's in service, the total cost will not be cheap in £ terms.

I have just plucked/guessed of a 100,000 USD per Aircraft, if my mobile battery is working ok, the answer it gives is 530 M USD. That as they say is a " whole chunk of cake "

By the way. Looks like a great job by the pilots and cabin crew, well done.