PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Porter Incident in CYAM
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2013, 22:25
+TSRA

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've recently been told that Porter and Jazz don't like using Flap 35 because of the large pitch change that is accompanied...something about its being poor consideration for passenger comfort.

The Dash does have a decent pitch change between 15 and 35, primarily because it happens so damn quick, and it can be uncomfortable when sitting at the back of the bus. However, I've been told the same thing in the past as J.O, about the wear on the flap assembly when I was flying 100's. I agree though, an extra inspection and a bit more grease is less expensive in time and money than this tail strike inspection will be...plus, it keeps you out of the media!

The 100 and 300 lands slightly better than a shopping cart with flap 35, and I would assume the same is said for the 400. However, the only time it is required is when using the gravel supplement, so I'm sure there are many dash pilots who only ever use flap 35 in the sim. Too bad...I always find it fun to try and counteract the pitch change so no one notices it!