PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F15 Court Martial (Merged thread)
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2003, 08:25
Argus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Mickeydrip

I completely agree with Terminal Man's comments about Mickeydrip's commendable efforts in keeping the world abreast of developments in this long running saga.

He whose nickname is synonymous with "Scouse Git" has done valuable service to air traffic control generally and to "Spot" in particular.

Following on from the CM, there are difficult times ahead for RAF ATC. I'm not sure that the calls for blood are really all that helpful. The tenor of posts indicates to me (a neutral observer on the other side of the world) that morale in the RAF's Air Traffic Control Branch is alarmingly low. Moreover, operative air traffic controllers are expressing a serious lack of confidence in that Service's senior management. With war looming in the Middle East, I'd like to think that the RAF will move quickly to improve its ATC workplace relations; and possibly even assist those whose lives have been damaged by recent events. I suggest that such actions extend to not quibbling with the costs bill and not insisting on taxation.

To the families of both pilots, may I express my heartfelt sympathies in your loss.

To "Spot", we've never met and not likely to. Nevertheless, congratulations on your acquital, and sincere best wishes for your future, in or out of uniform, in or out of ATC. There is life beyond the Service. Possibly the RAF might assist in paying re-training/educational expenses if you decide to try something else.

Bonne chance

Last edited by Argus; 26th Feb 2003 at 08:59.