PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Amelia Earhart's plane found?
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2013, 11:59
onetrack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let me get this right. This is the TENTH search by TIGHAR over the last 23 years? - and all this searching has been fully supported by the U.S. Govt.?

This is the nation that can put men on the moon (and return them safely to Earth) - can put an exploratory rover on Mars and send back reams of technical information about the Red Planet - can find the Titanic, the HMAS Sydney and the German Raider, the Kormoran - can explore the depths of the seven seas to the nth degree - but they can't find the aeroplane of a pioneer aviatrix who was reputedly lost at sea? - despite TEN searches over 23 years, with full Govt backing??

Is there something I'm missing here? Are they just going out there to have a good ole booze up, and all-out party, every time??
Is it really possible that they can't find her 'plane, because Amelia and her Electra were kidnapped by aliens, sucked out of the sky and are being held captive in the underground alien anti-gravitational tunnels at the South Pole??

Why don't they just call up David Mearns and let him have at it?? I'm sure if Amelia really did crash near Nikumororo, then he'd pick up the wreckage within a couple of weeks of starting his searching.