PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 31st May 2013, 23:15
Jinglie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Strange days!

Top posts all. A very interesting read.
Without stating the obvious, how is Beaker still sitting at his desk considering he's been caught out with his hands in the till and pants down? He'd be more suited in a Bozo the clown outfit doing kids party's! I note reading from the Hansard he is starting to shift the responsibility to his other Commissioners, whose aviation experience is limited to knowing where the Chairmans Lounge is.
Plus, Beaker the intellectual aviation giant, has the audacity to tell the Senate he'll "consider" their detailed report. Maybe Dom James, or all of us should respond in that way to ATSB reports - "I'll talk to the crew and consider it (in a few months)"!
To make it worse, he tells the Senate they'll have to wait 2 months for him
to consider it with 2 other people who know nothing about aviation safety!!

A few interesting stats:
The ATSB accident report contains 48 pages in total. The Senate report into the Investigation is 156 pages.

The ATSB report contains 4 pages of flawed analysis. The Senate report is ALL. analysis!

The ATSB report took nearly 3 years to write and is riddled with error. The Senate report took 6 months and is factually spot on (in my view).

The ATSB report makes 0 Safety Recommendations. The Senate report makes 26 Safety Recommendations.

My view - whomever wrote the Senate report should be replacing Beaker. I also note that Beaker will "consider" re opening the investigation once he talks to his Commissioners in 2 months. Here's a tip Beaker to save you some money. Quinn, Aherne (Q&A) and Davies have already done it for you free of charge! Read their submissions, if you haven't already.. All 3 are formally trained investigators with a wealth of experience. I'm with Senator X on that one. Bring in someone independent with experience, sit them down with the above submissions and it will take one person a month, or less to rewrite it. All they need to do is validate the facts and analysis in these submissions. Mrdak, are you listening? It's easy!
Considering the Governments apparent relaxed approach in dealing with this, I suspect the only way it will be dealt with is if the FAA or ICAO step in.
Albanese is a disgrace. I'm sure if Senator Fawcett gets his hands on the portfolio the industry will benefit!
Lastly, why haven't the ATSB referred to the AFP for a breach of the TSI Act? It's pretty clear in the Senate report that there's a breach. Changing the evidence tables to meet an agreed outcome!!!! Criminal!
Rant over! Blood pressure dropping!