PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eastern Airways
Thread: Eastern Airways
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2013, 19:19
onyxcrowle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok let me put it this way, Respectfully as a passanger I would prefer to use my local airport.
By doing so in theory that money should in part go back into the local economy and so on.
Afaik North Lincolnshire Council have a share in the Airport in turn ( not meant in negative way) I pay my council tax , Out of this I take it rhat Transport is part of thar budget.
While Im fully aware that they dont own Eastern, Nor would I presume to tell them their jobs , As I have the utmost respect for their staff who do those jobs to give us services etc.
But they should be open to questions about what routes might be pheasible without resorting to the sarcasm above.
The fact that customers potentially want to use their airport rather than drive to Lba ( hard to reach).
Or two hours to MAN , Should be taken as a compliment to them.
Huy is underused and unlike Dsa ( which is also close by and I support ) Is far enough away from Man that it is surely in a more ideal location to attract the public.
Further more our local mainline rail link Is closed with little hope of reopening this year.
Afaik that is affecting the Hull-Goole line as well.
So perhaps someone in the know can explain to me why its not possible to run 'charter ' style flights to Edinburgh for example or Even Lcy ( if you operate there).
In other words offering an opertunity to save an hour on a business trip to reach Edinburgh or London...
Surely being a 'local' Airport is a chance to play upto that and offer regional flights to UK/Irish Destination's.
Perhaps a local survey of the area's as was done By Klm for the Manston flights.....