PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet MPL (Through CTC)
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2013, 14:53
Quantity Surveyor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Andre, If you start in September then you would only need £5300 before the course when you sign the contract. Then another £5300 a month before we start the course. You do not need the rest of the money till February 2014 as it's from here you begin paying monthly installments of £5300 + the £18,200 for the New Zealand phase this means you would not need to get the loan through till around January 2014. With a 2 year holiday period that would mean we would not need to begin paying back the loan till January-February 2016, at which point we would have been flying for easyJet since March-April 2015 so effectively 10 months or so. The first 8 months from what I understand we are on £1200 a month, but considering we won't have repayments it's not too bad. After this I believe we then start getting paid by the hour to the tune of £45 + stand bys of £180 a day which would equate to a lot more than £30k a year. We are on this for 3 years from the moment we leave CTC, however we are able to switch on to a full time contract after 2 years, which is where we start getting our bond paid back (whether our salaries on the full time are £12k less, I don't know).

If I have made any mistakes feel (anyone) feel free to correct me, this is how I understand it. I'm on CP112 and have also been lucky enough to have landed a place on this scheme.