PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Air Ambulances having it off???
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2013, 06:54
Hughes500

Received 44 Likes on 26 Posts
TC

have been around but so busy in the past 4 months haven't had time to do much else ! My concern over the whole AA thing is they seem to be getting away from the concept of getting someone to hospital and best medical support asap. I know the mil called it the golden hour and they now take a whole trauma team to the casualty in Afgan, but that is for the guys and gals being blown up. It seems that AA's over here are going down the same way, why ? Don't see too many people being blown up over here. So why have a very very expensive machine now being twin pilot IFR capable when a much cheaper and probably more efficient system with perhaps a greater number of machines could be utilised otherwise we will be seeing CH47's with a mini hospital in the back being deployed
I would love to know how many shouts end up being needed ? What I mean is the patient would have either died or been seriously impaired for the rest of their life if it wasn't for a helicopter. I can remember one incident with a broken leg on a rugby field where we got an air ambulance, great for the kids to see but !!!!!!!!!!!!