PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Need advice from European pilots
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2003, 23:55
ArcherII

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well the thing is, if I stay here for a Masters, that's another 3 years from now, and I would want to be able to fly around the US under IFR.

So I think I'll go up to FAA PPL/IR single engine...and then see if I can get a residency or a job flying or as engineer...

I'm really in a difficult position...I'll have trouble find jobs in the US as a pilot or engineer...and Europe has smaller markets for both of those careers, and I got to get JAA licences if I decide to fly.

I do think that the definite way would be to go to Florida and get JAA and FAA licences

cheapest, most comprehensive training.

So what's the deal with this frozen ATPL stuff? is it not the same licence as an FAA ATP (which comes after CPL).

Yeah, the conversion from FAA to JAA is horrible...might as well start JAA.

though FAA PPLs can fly in the UK during the day (as you'd require a night qualification for night flight)...I don't know if other countries allow this too.I heard they do.

How is it talking to ATC in Europe? does each country have it's own accent? do they all use same phraseology?

how are Instrument procedures? and is there a unified "sectional" for each country...same symbols and all?

Archer