PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Akrotiri Kebab Houses
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2013, 22:20
cargosales

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ancient Squipper

Nobody mentioned the Limassol Wine Festivals yet - 1/- (5p)for a plastic flagon, fill it up as many times as you could cope with- another brain cell and memory killing experiance.
Ah yes, the Limassol Wine Festival .. and my introduction to an unusual type of kebab ...

After a short while experiencing the delights of the Wine Festival (still got the tiny glass with the logo on it somewhere) we were in need of sustenance so parked ourselves at one of the outlets there and ordered 4 kebabs which duly arrived.

Mid-munch, one of our number asked 'Lads, what do you reckon to this kebab then?' to which we all replied 'Mmm jolly nice .. very tasty .. etc'. Very quietly he then said 'That's good..' and then less quietly 'BECAUSE IT'S DONKEY' which was meant to be heard by George who came racing over..

'What's all this .. you accuse me of serving you donkey .. you impugne my reputation .. on the life of my mother I have never been so insulted .. etc etc etc'

To which our chap said ' Yep, it's definitely donkey. I grew up in India and have had it loads of times so I know what I'm talking about but yours is definitely very tasty and extremely well cooked so well done!'

George didn't really know which way to look and retreated back to his kitchen while we finished off the meal..

Don't think we got any free kokinelli though...

CS