PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leopard Moth and Miles Falcon still at Lilydale?
Old 30th May 2013, 19:39
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am much intrigued by the Falcon windscreen, whilst I expect it's no problem – operationally I wondered :- are any blind spots ?, what's it like wet or iced?, how hard it is to replace ?, what's it like to clean? , but most of all why it was designed in the way it was?. So of course, I went looking but came up dry. Can anyone scratch the curiosity itch.

During the search I found some interesting pictures, but nothing really worth bothering with, there is one showing a team of blokes 'lifting and turning' a Falcon from the Vic. State library which may ring a few bells. I did find out there are (or were) two other examples surviving;

In Spain an M.3C registered EC-ACB is also active. This aircraft participated in the Spanish Civil War. Just think about that for a second. Wow!!!. The Brits have managed to keep one airworthy –

But for me, an unexpected highlight of the tour was 'Lady', a Peregrine falcon. Take five and enjoy a Friday fancy, bet a choccy frog you'll smile at the end....