PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IE10 - YouTube Video Problem - Solved!
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2013, 17:44
lomapaseo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
U-Tube Video Problem Solved

Early I had started a thread about not being able to play U-Tube videos directly from PPRune although if I opened the U-tube page link they played fine (thinking it was a recent PPRune problem).

I had up to that time no problem playing those embedded U-tube videos and figures that PPRune had turned off a switch disabling it.

The quick answer I got back suggested that nobody else was having such a problem. I then noticed that even U-tube videos on other sites could not be played as embedded but only via the U-tube site itself.

I'm using Win 7 on this computer (my other computers XP, Vista, work fine. However the latest program update that coincided with my problem was an Update to IE 10. OK it was simple to revert back to IE 9 but the problems persisted.

With help from my daughter (she does 90 % of the work and I kibitz) we tried turning off all non essential services (still didn't work). e then booted in safe mode and it solved part of the problem but no sound.

More trial and error and Kazaam she solved the problem by going to IE 10 tools-internet options-advanced clicking the on button "use accelerated graphics to use software rendering"

I have no idea what in hell that does nor why MS would plant such an unknown bomb in IE10 thus setting it even when reverting back to IE 9

I post this as it might help some other poor sod like myself