PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2013, 15:16
Phone Wind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rumour says that Mr Obaro Ibru, son of Mrs Cecilia Ibru will be replaced as managing director of Aero Contractors in the very near future.
Captain Akin George was sacked as managing director and replaced by Obaro Ibru in March this year. However, Mr Ibru was not acceptable to the NCAA as accountable manager due to his lack of airline experience, so his position was temporary.

I hear that he will be replaced by an expatriate with considerable experience in airline management in Africa. If so, I hope that he will be able to turn around the fortunes of the troubled operator, especially the rotary wing side. Aero has a good infrastructure and many contacts within the oil and gas industry, but until they get either a large cash injection or manage to get a technical partnership with a competent and respectable partner, their return to being a mainline player in the Nigerian offshore scene must remain in doubt as they have no big contracts with any international oil companies now and are very cash-starved.

Good luck to them in the future and I hope that the rumoured management change will also be the start of a chenge for the better in their fortune