PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Proviation customer care problems
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2013, 15:08
Steevo25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am afraid I am another one that has had problems with Proviation. I wish I had looked at the reviews before I ordered.

I didn't actually do the ordering, my friend did who helps me maintain my aircraft. I was looking for a Flightcom 403LSA intercom and a Mingda vertical card compass to fit in to a new panel we were installing in the aircraft.

Looking on their website, it said both items were available from stock on a 2-3 day delivery. This was around 6 to 7 weeks ago and neither have yet been received. We were told just over a week ago (after many attempts of getting through to someone on the phone as it was always and answering machine) that the Mingda was now in-stock and we would receive it on Tuesday (that's the Tuesday just gone). We were also told that the Flightcom would be in stock this Friday for delivery Monday 3rd June. The following day after being told that, we got an email apologising for the delay in the order and that they really didn't have a clue when the items would actually come in. They stated issues with Flightcom as being the reason and no reason why the Mingda wasn't being delivered.

As of today, I was told that the Mingda was now in and being shipped overnight but no news on the Flightcom. Today we have cancelled the Flightcom so we will see how it goes about getting a refund and see whether the Mingda turns up tomorrow.

Incidently, even after this, their website still says that both those items are available from stock. Our panel has been sitting on the floor for a long time waiting for the wiring to be finished and to be installed in the aircraft. All that is there now is a hole for the compass and a hole for the Flightcom. This will now cause us problems as the panel was cut and prepared for a Flightcom going in so we now either have to use something else and modify the holes or try and cover it up. If we had known that the items were going to take this long then we would have either chosen something different or not gone that route. The Mingda is available at many places on the web and in-stock. We could order a Flightcom from someone else but the only places seem to be in America so again we would be playing the waiting game. If they had been up-front and honest at the start then we would not be in this situation and would probably have ordered something else from them or used them again in the future.

They offered an alternative to the Flightcom but you couldn't really call it an alternative. They offered a portable pilot intercom that didn't have any of the features of the Flightcom that it was originally purchased for. I guess it's one they had in stock that they wanted to shift. The alternative was only offered a couple of days ago.

We order quite a bit of aviation stuff each year and will not be making the same mistake again of using them.