PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Air Ambulances having it off???
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2013, 11:31
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
The childrens air ambulance is within the numbers for Derby and Leics..
I know that it doesn't take much, but I'm confused, how does that work?

Isn't the financial link and extrapolation of figures between TCAA and Derby/Rutland/Leic mentioned in post 3 a bit thin, as the only mention of TCAA in that report is, "In October 2011 we instigated talks with the Childrens Air Ambulance, a formal transfer of undertakings occurred on 1st January 2012."

Can you not get the figures from it's own page?

1111780 - THE CHILDREN'S AIR AMBULANCE
THE CHILDREN'S AIR AMBULANCE WILL PROVIDE "FREE" LIFESAVING FLIGHTS TO ANY CHILD BETWEEN THE AGES OF NEWBORN AND 16 YEARS WHO REQUIRE IMMEDIATE TRANSFER TO A "HOSPITAL OF EXCELLENCE" IN ORDER TO RECEIVE LIFESAVING TREATMENT.

...or looking at its own website; TCAA | About Us | The Air Ambulance Service ... as TCAA are using TAAS's charity number, they should be part of

1098874 - THE AIR AMBULANCE SERVICE
OPERATOR OF TWO HELICOPTER EMERGENCY SERVICES, AND THE CHILDREN'S AIR AMBULANCE TRANSFER SERVICE.

...who used to be;
1144929 - TAA SERVICE
Other names
THE AIR AMBULANCE SERVICE (OLD NAME)
T.A.A.S (OLD NAME)

...So, who is;
1138457 - LUCY AIR AMBULANCE FOR CHILDREN CHARITY
LUCY AIR AMBULANCE FOR CHILDREN CHARITY HAS BEEN SET UP TO BE THE FIRST, DEDICATED AIR TRANSFER SERVICE FOR NEONATAL AND CHILDREN UP TO 16 YEARS OLD ACROSS THE UNITED KINGDOM.

Anyhoo, pitts, any chance of a separate TCAA %-age breakdown as in post 1?
I keep getting the charity bags through the door and seeing the collection pots next to 'self standing air ambulance' collection pots and wonder what's going on!