PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Proviation customer care problems
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2013, 10:57
FOZFF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Proviation customer care problems

I ordered an Alpha MA-1 jacket on the 13th April. Listed ex-stock and paid via PayPal. My money was taken immediately. on the 15th April, this company emailed to say- "We are expecting stock to arrive in a matter of 7-10 working days only".

At the time I thought this would be reasonable, little knowing what was to happen from here on in! By the end of the month there was no further contact from them. Several emails were sent to them requesting information, all without reply. We then phoned "orders dept" several times and have spoken to four different ladies, who were all very polite, but could tell us nothing and whilst promising to come back to us, never did. I started to wonder if this company was a "Scam".

I emailed the company on the 3rd May to tell them to cancel the order. The "orders dept" promised to do this and send a confirmation email. They said my PayPal refund would take 3/5 days. No email, no refund. After a threatening email,the owner emailed back offering to get the jacket since he didn't want me to be disappointed. It was supposedly on it's way from the USA. I told him that the order was cancelled and would he please make my refund.

On the 13th May, I received an email from the owner stating that the order had been cancelled and the PayPal refund would be made, but might take 3/5 days! Still nothing,it is now 18th May, so I sent another very strong email threatening legal action! At which time I opened a PayPal dispute. Finally, yesterday, 28th May, PayPal advised that his refund had cleared!

This is the most dreadful on line buying experience that I have ever encountered. I don't think the company is a scam company now. It is just the most badly organised group I have ever come across, headed up by someone who is prepared to come out with the weakest unbelievable excuses which burble along without really telling you anything. The "orders dept" is actually a call centre and have no idea what is going on.

My problems, I think, are based around an ex-stock item that wasn't. If it had been in stock, this review might have been quite different, who knows? I got the impression that this person was prepared to go to great lengths to hang on to my order instead of being "up front" and offering cancellation in the first place.

You make your own mind up whether to deal with them. I would never ever deal with them again.