PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Compulsory retirement age of 65 for 'hire & reward'
Old 30th May 2013, 10:14
Mach E Avelli

Received 168 Likes on 106 Posts
Past 65, if you can get work as a part-timer or sim instructor, this is a good way of staying connected, earning beer money and putting your knowledge and experience to good use. Medical opinion seems to support the idea that over 60's who remain mentally active and moderately challenged have a better chance of prolonged healthy lives.
On the other hand, flying maximum hours with minimum rest and the associated stress of meeting employer demands appears to have the opposite effect if you persist with it for too long. If you are in the unfortunate position of having to fly to the max to pay the bills at age 65, chances are you're gonna die sooner rather than later.
My ambition is not to be the richest man in the graveyard, but to die with a dollar in the bank and by being shot by the jealous husband of a 35 year old.
I reckon I will achieve the dollar remaining OK, but am not too confident that I will justify the shooting bit.

Last edited by Mach E Avelli; 30th May 2013 at 10:43.