PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL nav timepiece
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2013, 22:48
Corsican

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Funnily enough, my first watch in the late 1970's was a Mickey Mouse one and it was a gift so free! It was unfortunately destroyed when I decided to test if it was waterproof by putting it under the tap (it was not - I have developed some common sense in the intervening years I think/hope).

Many interesting options to consider here. I was wondering about a bezel as it does seem quite an efficient way to set the time. On the other hand - given my current stage in the nav, I may end up faffing with the bezel, get the time wrong, wander off course etc.

Analogue and simple does seem more intuitive, a big time piece / chronograph like the Russian may work well. Just trying to keep the budget. I fully agree that you get what you pay for if it is super cheap, but equally want to make sure that it is something that I will get some decent use and do the job.

So... at this point, I am going to see how the nav exercise goes this weekend (if the weather... will... cooperate...). A friend is lending me his timer so will see how that works out and will then put some money down next week. Not sure if it is more complicated to work the wizz wheel or choose a nav timer . Thank you all for your good advice, very much appreciated.