PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 29th May 2013, 19:37
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, did you ever.

Creamy – I am going to take you task here; those lettuce leafs were not wet. I ask M'lud that our learned colleague retract the "wet" statement, it implies a vicious attack was mounted and may well mislead the jury....

Mind you, between the bloke who droned on for ever and the whining complaints on aircraft noise they did manage to waste a shed load of time, which probably suited some, very well. But enough of irrelevancies; Searle was very good, happy to allow a serious dust up between McComic (who me) and Mac Donald (yes you); but, one chickened out and anyway, no one would hold the jackets. That may have been entertaining.

The Bar Room Barristers, happily ensconced deep within the quiet oasis of the local were fairly well behaved although there was several outbreaks of popcorn throwing, booing and offerings of ribald advice. But the breathless hush that settled over the crew when Fiona's turn came around was electric; all knew the tough questions were coming; and, they did. The peels of glee and howls of delight were sustained by the motley crew well into Beakers dreary little piddle. Then, in the interests of a peaceful life, the set was turned off half way through that – the language was truly getting beyond blue reason.

The consensus: Pete the Pot Plant rules – OK and the coalition had better support him rather than some bland vegetable matter plonked in situ.

PS. Senator Nash; there was great consternation when you mentioned Pete was drying out. We trust that as an elected member of the Senate and honorary member of the BRB, you will endeavour to protect and nurture this important symbol of the "ills of society". He's really all we've got......

Taxi Minister ???.....

Ben Sandilands – Plane talking: has more patience with the – ATSB - and the –Minister - than I do.

Last edited by Kharon; 29th May 2013 at 21:23. Reason: Well, he did say wet. I'll allow damp, but wet is a gross overstatement.