PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue hiring
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2013, 15:11
Digaf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Compylot...

It took me 10 minutes staring at your post to make any sense of it.

Which I still don't get, what I can decipher out of what you've written is that you have over complicated it.

For the next two years at least....If you want to work for Virgin and are on the hold file you will get -

1.E190 FO
2.737 FO
3.777SO

Cadets will be FO's on the ATR, which at this stage, is still Skywest.

Regardless of whether Tiger and Skywest are now part of the Virgin group, most people interested in working for VIRGIN, want to work for VIRGIN directly.

I would still love to work for Qantas main line, however I do not want to work for Jetstar, Network or Link.

So getting back to your original comment - No there is not 'many models' that will be considered re flight crew. JB has people in place to work this out. When it comes to Skywest and Tiger flight crew recruitment they have their own management and HR staff in place to sort themselves out.

As for your mate, yes loosely correct - JB has stated in many interviews that flight crew are well respected from his point of view, always have and always will as they are at the front of the ship, without them the airline doesn't run.....doesn't really directly link with pilots sitting on the hold file.

I think everyone is looking way too far into it, come the end of the year there will be no hold file as everyone would have been called, Virgin will have an accepting interest section under flight crew recruitment at the start of next year and the main topic in this thread will be, 'got an interview coming up' 'notes' 'tips'

Stress less