PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2013, 14:39
Hamsterminator

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
My query here is as follows.

If application to the CTC wings course is so risky, where are the droves of cadets who presumably don't get accepted by airlines? CTC passes around 30 cadets a month. Upon asking them how many cadets get jobs afterwards, the reply was that 100% of the cadets get offered airline placements, typically within 5 months.

I'm not advocating CTC wings as being a fail proof option, of course not. However the facts are simply that they are shifting quite large numbers of cadets every month to the extent that they have actually expanded their capacity per month this year.

Nobody wants to be forced to go into debt with no "promise" of a job, and I can see why that is such a glaring problem to most people (myself included). However it seems far from a hopeless gamble. As CTC explain themselves, their success as a training school relies on getting results- i.e. passing cadets onto airlines. If they were unable to do this, they wouldn't be in business and companies and students alike wouldn't want to be associated with them. These types of threads seem to overflow with negativity towards gaining access to airlines. I'd absolutely love to be able to walk into BA head office and say "Hi guys can you pay for my training and ratings and in return i'll work for you" but alas that isn't the way it works. Entry avenues are damned difficult to come by- it is less a case of getting one's foot in the door and more like wedging one's crowbar in the gate.