PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F15 Court Martial (Merged thread)
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2003, 18:53
TC_LTN

'just another atco'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very many congratulations on the only possible outcome to such a ridiculous fiasco.

Spot, I don't think I have ever met you and I don't know you personally. However, like many ATCOs on this forum and throughout our profession, I feel I have lived through a very small part of the anguish and frustration you and Sue must have experienced over many months. Few, if any issues in my twenty odd years in ATC have united ALL controllers, civil and military. They have shared complete abhorrence of this case and the management of what we all recognised as a tragic accident.

Although I fear your attitude to the RAF and perhaps to your profession may be tarnished forever, try to take some solace from the sure fact that possibly no single event in the short history of ATC in the UK has ever united ALL members of YOUR profession in unequivocal support for one person - YOU!

I wish you, your family and friends all the very best for the future and look forward to reading about GATCO's continued efforts in establishing exactly why this unnecessary fiasco ever took place.