PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 747-8 fuel burn?
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2013, 08:49
cxorcist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, copy. You're not going to answer any questions. Just don't jump on here and act as if you're an expert just because you fly the A380. They are simple questions in search of simple answers. Wouldn't want to piz you off...

FWIW, I agree that quads have a place in the market. It's just a much smaller place than it used to be due to high fuel prices and low economic confidence. I have no doubt CX would buy 2 dozen 747-8Is if they were convinced the global economy weren't going to take a big dump in the next few years.

It's tough for an airline as proud as CX to point to a 777 and call it the Swire's flagship. No doubt, the premium passengers are much better served when they turn left into an exclusive area upon stepping onboard. The 777 leaves much to be desired in terms of service delivery, but that's the world we live in right now.

If EK can fly a hundred A380s all over the globe and make money, good for them. But I think CX has run the numbers many times, and the result is the same each time... Big airplane=big risk. No cargo=less revenue. It's a pretty toxic combination for the bean counters, no matter how much pilots love them.