PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet more expensive than B.A.
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2003, 18:15
View From The Ground

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Praise for BA

I should add further to my previous post that I have never been a big BA fan. But in my most recent flight experience they were excellent. £76 LHR-CGN-LHR including taxes, £56 for two days intermediate car hire. The airplane went tech on the outbound journey and they wheeled accross another keeping our delay to an inconsequential 1 hour and 15 minutes. The excellent Captain kept us well informed and did take the opportunity to point out that the plane swap might not have occured on a LCA. The self service check in worked without a hitch and the price was obtained 2 days prior to departure. Oh and the crew were friendly! They did this for just 8 pax on the plane, not sure about the economics of this unless they had a full plane load back but cannot fault the customer service...exceptional.
I do not knock LCA because they can provide bargains too...£66 for three people to Italy, with about a 90 minute drive to Milan on FR hard to beat...no in flight service of course but flights all on time. Of the LCA I have found Ezy to be consistently more expensive than FR, and therefore have yet to fly with them, however since I live close to LGW the day I am sure will come.
Good job BA......but lets remember that the fares with BA are only what they are because of the competition from the LCA...a fact that many people posting here seem to have neglected to take account of.