PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton Immigration nitpicking
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2013, 20:11
Arkwright

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Luton Airport seem determined to make life as unpleasant as possible and charge you for the pleasure.

Immigration is only one of the details......Heaven forbid you should walk on the ramp with a hi-vis NOT DONE UP!!!!! Yes folks, I was stopped by a slightly over jealous security official, (over jealous at any other UK airport that is), who informed me that it was within his managers remit to confiscate my licence for non-compliance of their rules! When I explained I was visiting aircrew and could not possibly be aware of local regulations he then explained that the Handling Agent would therefore receive a caution!

Why do Luton Airport take the DFT regulations and then further impose their own even more restrictive rules? I know that local councils are rarely run efficiently, and I believe Luton is run by the local authority? You are certainly doing a very good job of pushing work to one of the many airports around London who cater for biz av who are more efficient, more friendly and more cheaply?