PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - 4
Thread: EasyJet - 4
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2013, 12:18
Shed-on-a-Pole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EZY & RYR Seats Are Great!

For me, an airline which does NOT have reclining seats is offering a premium feature. I would actively select an airline with NO reclining seats rather than one which provides them. Having some selfish buffoon with big hair full of chemical hairspray reclined into one's face for hours is deeply unappealing. Having ones knees scrunched up by a passenger who has not paid for YOUR space is annoying. Having the seatback table (where applicable) stuck at an awkward angle is well ... awkward. All this, and many deluded airline PR types STILL consider reclining seats in economy a selling point. Wake up and face reality. Seat pitch in first and business may allow for reclining seats, but in economy layouts categorically not so.

Well done EasyJet and Ryanair for phasing out these monstrous reclining seats. I know passenger comfort wasn't your primary motivation, but the outcome is a huge improvement anyway. Maybe EZY and RYR should market the advantages of non-reclining seats and embarrass afew dinosaur airlines along the way. Does anybody here genuinely believe that the ability to recline to a moderate degree outweighs the gross inconvenience of the passenger in front reclining into your space?

Last edited by Shed-on-a-Pole; 28th May 2013 at 12:20.