PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ASIC processing time?
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2013, 03:36
MartinCh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the point is that the secondary/tertiary documents generally include something with an address (e.g. utility bill). Addresses, current and past, are part of your "identification" and background check process. So having proof of your address in Australia, as provided by utility bills or bank accounts in your name, serves a very real purpose that is not served by passports.

If you don't have a permanent address in Australia that could make you seem a bit "suspicious" - rightly or wrongly
Yeah, so I transfer my UK driving licence to Transport WA one and suddenly I'm more credible? I was told I can use photo pilot licence (there's English text about exercising privileges blah blah, but the basics are in Spanish only) Which has my Arg registered address. I have some 5 different 'residential' addresses depending on country/agency and government issued docs - most of them require LOCAL address from me. I still have to make myself homeless in Czech Rep as my aunt may have some hassle/has had extra cost, with my IDs registered there.

I do see the point, but the secondary or tertiary docs don't strictly need Australian address and I can apply for ASIC from abroad and then only have it finalised once I clear immigration/port of entry, also due to some obscure old rules. There's VEVO system on DIAC's website - they can see I have electronic visa issued. No, the old regs are old regs. What's permanent address anyway? Point in time.

Seeing the cost, I'll just apply for ASIC rather later, before flight tests.
By then, will have some Aussie address docs or Transport WA car driving licence/letters, as well as bank account.