PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Children of Magenta / Rage against the Machine
Old 28th May 2013, 00:20
Natstrackalpha

Location: Not far from the edge of the Milky Way Galaxy in the Orion Arm.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back to the plot then . . .

Some of you seasoned hallowed Captains (young and less young alike)
refer to stick and rudder manual - real flying (I know what you mean of course) but, is not dancing the skies on laughter silvered wings - just that? - Flying.

You are in it. Off the Earth. In the air. Flying.

So, as long as you are in that dimension, what difference does it make if you pb a push button or apply fwd pressure and trim?

I mean, look at the Primary Flight Display (PFD) you`ve got speed, altitude, RoD, heading(track) artificial horizon plus general state of what modes are in force FMA - all in one place all the engines and fuel and electrics and hydraulics and every thing are contained on quite large electronic screens - all in one place. Heck, its like flying a book, or should I say a Kimble. It is sssoooo laid back. It does half of your flying for you (because of you - you set it all up at the start of the flight, don`t forget) and yet you are still flying, you are still thousands of feet above the ground in some . . 65 tons of aeroplane - doing about 7.5 miles a minute - kewel!

Last edited by Natstrackalpha; 28th May 2013 at 00:22.