PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Warning on new aircraft carriers.
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2013, 10:57
tucumseh

Received 172 Likes on 65 Posts
Stuffy

I hope someone from the government/MPA reads your posts and 'tries' to make some changes?
Demonstrably, MoD does read pprune, but in the main to establish where their cover up efforts should be directed! We sometimes give away too much here for our own good. "GOCO" is the current high profile example, where the basic idea has been copied but no-one in MoD actually understands most of it is mandated policy and used to be a core competence before promotion into MoD(PE). When this was pointed out here, MoD swiftly denied what Bernard Gray had said in radio interviews (despite the recordings being sent to Ministers by an MP!)

Is this why the Nimrod had to be cancelled ?
MRA4 was ultimately cancelled because no-one would sign the airworthiness certification. A former Minister finally conceded this in February this year. All the angst here and in the media about "We've spend £5Bn, why not just use them" was irrelevant. That was sunk costs and no longer part of the equation. I rarely speculate here, but it may be that they were hastily scrapped before anyone "did a Bagnall" and in a fit of madness made a false declaration that they complied with the regulations.

To understand MoD's motives, you must first ask "Who benefits?" (See my above post). If nothing else, it is entertaining watching MoD's antics.