PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Incident at Heathrow
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2013, 07:40
GreekIslandLover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Video of a British Airways jet burning in the sky overhead London, trailing a plume of thick black smoke, broadcast all over the planet, causing the company untold reputation damage at a time when it can least afford it, and you think it's okay to praise the way 'OUR CREW' handled an 'aircraft emergency' that even you infer may have been self-induced because of a 'sub-standard' pre-flight (we'll know the truth behind this soon enough).
I don't pretend to know anything about the technicalities - I'm SLF. I have read the entire thread, and my observations are:-

We know nothing until the official investigation reports in it's own good time. Speculation is pointless.

Regarding damage to BA's reputation, in my opinion as a passenger it enhances BA's reputation as they have shown on two occasions in recent years that when one of their aircraft develops troubles on takeoff and landing they have been able to bring the aircraft down safely at Heathrow, without loss of life, and in this instance the plane will (I assume) be flying again at some point. I dread to think what could have happened if it had been another airline run on a shoestring budget. So yes, the crew DO deserve praise for that happening no matter what the investigation finds.