PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air China Cargo drops TE flap approaching ATL
Old 26th May 2013, 23:20
RAD_ALT_ALIVE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JerkJohn,

(Ooops...sorry, but clearly close enough is good enough)

Excuse me if I quote you (kind of) until you have the decency to name the correct airline (or more correctly, to not name an airline not involved in the incident). I'll use your very own post to convey my frustration...

What was it that triggered the original thread mentioning a wrong airline? "Poor John reports..."?. AvHerald reports in part
Quote:
Police reported the 20 feet long piece belonged to the right wing of the China Airlines. The flaps section, that separated from the wing, broke in two parts, impacted the fuselage causing substantial damage to the fuselage, too, and fell to the ground.
I'd have to guess (but confirm my ignorance for all to see and mock) that my failure occurred on or soon after I commenced school, and the loss of the ability to read and quote created a serious pucker effect on this site. Good thing Air China didn't have anything to do with the incident.

You say (in reply to the first 'heads-up' that you'd mucked up), "I took the operator's identification from a discussion in the blog that follows AvHerald's own posting."

Are you serious?!?! You yourself inserted a quote that clearly mentioned China Airlines. C H I N A A I R L I N E S. How does that translate into Air China? Do you even know the difference between the two?

I think that just about covers it.

Now if you'd do the right thing and change the title, or add a reply acknowledging it, then I'll delete this rant.

Last edited by RAD_ALT_ALIVE; 26th May 2013 at 23:22.