PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seating small children - Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2013, 22:00
25F

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
@TT - I expect the IAA has a similar policy to the CAA's which appears to be "Young children and infants who are accompanied by adults, should ideally be seated in the same seat row as the adult." I would take seat row to mean the actual row of three. But then they say "Children and accompanying adults should not be separated by more than one aisle" so maybe they mean the row of six. I am surprised that sitting across the aisle seems to be deemed "close enough" by the authorities. As I've said, a very young child cannot be relied upon to follow crew instruction or adjust their seatbelt properly. They need, for safety reasons, an accompanying adult in the seat next to them.

Other low-cost airlines (e.g. EZY before they switched to allocated seating) seem to recognise that it's in everybody's interests to allow the under-fives on first. It's not about convenience for families with small children, it's about convenience for everybody else. Because if they board last, somebody's going to have to get up and move, so that the children can sit near their parents. For safety reasons.

There's nothing intrinsic to the low-cost model that *everybody* should be inconvenienced by making under-fives undergo the "luck of the draw".

I'll always go with a different airline to RYR if I possibly can.

And we allow other people off first regardless of where we are sitting. Because I'm doing my damnedest to inconvenience other passengers as little as possible. A bit of co-operation from the airline in this regard would be appreciated.