PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Woolwich
Thread: Woolwich
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2013, 21:26
TomJoad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SOSL
Deep sadness for Riggers and his family and his Regiment - what an appalling event.

I agree with most posters on this thread that our tax shouldn't be spent through the NHS or Social Services (Job Seekers, tax relief, housing benefit etc etc) on violent twxts who are just taking the pxss. It should be (and largely is) spent to help the many who through no fault of their own are stuck without a job and need help. That's why we set up the welfare state - to help people who need help.

But I can't understand why anyone should think these 2 (or more?) ignorant, uneducated twxts could possibly represent the Muslim faith. I have no axe to grind because I am a Roman Catholic.

They are individuals and they are personally responsible for their own barbaric actions - Allah didn't tell them to kill this poor man - they did it because they wanted to.

I hate the crime; I hate the toxxers who committed it but I can't hate Islam because from my experience with people it is a tolerant and peaceful religion.

Sadly most muslim countries are ruled by corrupt, power seeking, sects who defile the true nature of Islam>

I could go on but I've just run out of steam!

Rgds SOS
Firstly my sympathies to the family. I just watched the news footage of the family visit to London and the letter from Riggers' son is absolutely heartbreaking.

SOSL I agree with you entirely the only trouble is that we cannot discern the truly dangerous from the cranks lame and lazy. But you are spot on it is not Islam that is to blame - it no more corrupts than any other religion. To say so absolves those who carryout these terrible acts. The individual is to blame and they alone must stand accountable.