PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - litle help here! ICAO JAA
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2013, 19:17
SAND BALLS OF FIRE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jet,

thanks soo much for your time,
I am 28 yrs old soo not too young.
So, this is the deal in brasil it is soo hard to get IR/H that we actually have to pay the whole couse meaning 30 plus hours.... here the A109 hour is about 3k usd and it is the cheapest IR/H u can find. , in my case 10hrs about sum 30kusd plus checkride fees etc etc..... it goes up to about 35kusd at this price I rather to pay a real type rating in a sk76(most popular heli in offshore) for example.... besides and I am having a dificult time to adapt myself in the brasilian culture, all dough I am brasilian I lived most of my time between north america and middle east, so i was thinking in try europe, since my family comes from there..... from what i've search into the internet, bond, dancopter, nhs, norsk helicopter, and one or two more companies ask only 500 hours total time,(including airplane) and as per their website they are looking for pilots..... anyways I am planning to have all my licenses converted before I am ready to make any move.... and yes I'll try to "survive" here for more couple of years till the olympics at least so i can gather enough flight experience and a s92 or ec155 type rating to get ready to head north sea.... another question..... how much is he avarage salary for a co-pilot / captain in the North Sea? Here in brasil is quite good, they are making about 75k usd and 110kusd per year, how about europe?
I am also curious about the leaving standards of those people since i do have wife and a lil daughter.... I heard the the airline industry there is very attractive in salary, is that true????
anyways thank you soo much for your time in replying !!
good luck and fly safe!

Last edited by SAND BALLS OF FIRE; 26th May 2013 at 19:27.