PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A busy weekend over Scotland...where did you go?
Old 26th May 2013, 13:28
10W

PPRuNe Bashaholic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A very pleasant evening low level trip from Prestwick to Glenforsa in G-DRAM on Friday, meandering up the West coast of Scotland in beautiful conditions and splashing down in Loch Awe and Loch Avich along the way.

Lots of good food and a couple of excellent beers, plus good craic, in the Glenforsa Hotel along with Alison & Brendan Walsh, plus other visiting aircrews, followed by a night camped out under the wing of G-DRAM in the beautiful clear air of the island of Mull.

Early rise on Saturday and a short hop across to Oban in G-DRAM, where I mounted the folding bicycle and caught the train back to Prestwick for an afternoon shift at work

Meanwhile G-DRAM chased the train through the Pass of Brander and landed next to the railway station at Loch Awe, much to the delight of the kids (young and old) on the train. I just acted blase, as I'd seen it all before

G-DRAM spent the rest of the day flying Air Cadets from Loch Awe and is expected to visit Oban and possibly Glenforsa again on Sunday, before heading back home to Prestwick.

Hope everyone who flew has had as good a weekend as I did