PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DONCASTER SHEFFIELD
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2013, 10:47
Cazza_fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
onyx - I'm sure it's just a sign of local pride, but could you try to be a little more realistic - the chance of a Doncaster - Tel Aviv route is absolutely zero.
I have to agree.

I really don't understand the latest obsession with Norwegian either? Any link with Liverpool's operations and DSA's as a group can't really be used anymore as they are now operating under different ''ownerships''. Also some of the destination's you have suggested (Keflavik and Vagar) are not even operated by Norwegian from their major bases so why you would think they could make them work at DSA baffles me?

easyJet to Gatwick; Well personally I don't see a London link (even more so without direct interline connections) ever working from DSA or anywhere further south in the country than MAN/LBA. Those who want to travel into the city have the option of doing so with upto 6 trains an hour from Doncaster alone. The direct journey times from center to centre average from around 1h 30m from Doncaster and usually no longer than 2 hours from Sheffield. Those connecting to other flights, most likely longhaul, already have the option of using suitable flights to LHR from other Northern airports that I feel supply the demand well.
As for Tel Aviv, why would easyJet want to 'tempt' their own customers away from Manchester?

I feel it would be better all round if we try and stick more to the rumours and news regarding DSA and it's airlines on this thread rather than potentials and fantasies...

Last edited by Cazza_fly; 26th May 2013 at 11:52.