PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Incident at Heathrow
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2013, 08:40
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Please let us know which airline you fly for, or hopefully none We can then steer well clear. At the airline in question today, which I might even fly for, we tend, maybe rather unusually, to brief for an approach. Such a brief requires preparation, interaction and check of understanding. Not just select it in the box and watch the aircraft fly it
NigelOneDaft,
Come down off your high horse, the poster who suggested what he would do in a dire emergency was entirely reasonable in his comments. If time was critical, I would do exactly as he suggested ---- and I have a lot of P1 on FMCS equipped aircraft --- in an airline with an excellent safety record --- for longer than BA/BEA/BOAC has existed
Indeed, you might look into the incident history of your company,( if you are really a Nigel) you will find several examples (that I know of, in one the Captain was an old mate of mine) where all the long winded procedures had to be truncated (a technical term for "chucked out the window") because of the nature of the emergency.

Last edited by LeadSled; 26th May 2013 at 08:42.