PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New poblem with EASA and ATO certifying base training touch and goes.
Old 25th May 2013, 09:13
NilDesperandum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've recently completed a european rating on a jet, which was signed off on a new EASA license by the United Kingdom Civil Aviation Authority. The type rating course was signed off by Bombardier training, the landings were signed off by an Austrian TRE. There were a couple of minor problems but I did not have the issues you mention. There were 2 separate forms, one completed by Bombardier, the other by the TRE.

Regulatory authorities can be difficult to deal with, especially at a distance. My suggestion would be either :

a) to find a Spanish TRE, or someone similar who deals with the authorities there regularly, and get their advice

b) to go and see the authorities yourself and insist on seeing someone in the relevant department to explain the issue to and come up with a solution.

I doubt that Flight Safety are going to change their mind. If you look at it from their side, why should they sign off some training they have no control over or visibility of ? You probably need to tackle it from the Spanish end.

US and Canadian license holders dont have any of these issues because they dont have to do the touch and gos !

ND

Last edited by NilDesperandum; 25th May 2013 at 09:15.