PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What path should I take?
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2013, 21:44
Wizbod7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What path should I take?

Hi guys!

Been a member on here for a while now, and found it a great source of information.

I've always loved going on planes ever since my first time on one when I was roughly 6 years old. More recently I've looked into a career as a pilot as the enjoyment I get out of just being a passenger motivates me to get to that cockpit! We can all dream I suppose!

Now I know what you might be thinking 'has he even flown a plane?' The answer is no, but I doubt I'd be disappointed or wouldn't enjoy it!

I do plan on getting a class 1 medical as soon as I come of holiday at the beginning of July and hopefully start my ppl!

The reason for this post is I'd like to get people's opinions of which route would be best to eventually achieve my dram of becoming a commercial pilot.

The 2 routes I have in mind are, 1, work and pay for lessons and build hours, or 2, go back to college and complete A levels in maths and physics, unsure of 3rd/4th subjects as I only have gcse's.

I'd really appreciate people's responses as this decision is tough, and is also beginning to annoy me now, I just want to get on with trying to turn a dream into reality!

Thanks guys!