PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What to take for education?!?
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2013, 20:51
Bealzebub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But it proves my point, you don't need fantastic examination results like you claim.
Hold on while I read this thread again and see where I did say that.......
Nope can't find it! However what I did say was this.......
An employer expects to see education certification that is usually better than average. Young people in particular, have very little substance with which to pad out their CV's, and inevitably their educational achievements are going to play a significant part in how they present themselves.
As I say, look at the easyJet, Flybe and a few other airlines requirements for their cadet programmes and they are GCSE's, a BASIC education qualification... And yes people have acquired places on these courses with these qualifications...
I don't need to. I only need to look at our own. Much of the criteria is laid down by the FTO's themselves, and the end results are as I have described.
If you think weak educational attainments are a positive or something that is ignored, I am afraid you are deluding yourself, and attempting to delude others.

you stated that.......
I know some guys who fly for major UK airlines and they don't even have GCSE's so I wouldn't stress about it if I was you...
These "guys" are not likely to be young people coming through the highly competitive world of the airline cadet programmes. Certainly not ours, and despite your anecdotal suggestions to the contrary, I doubt that of most other airlines.

That's all I have to say about the matter...
I doubt that.