PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 24th May 2013, 13:29
Cactusjack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think one of the interesting comments that came out of the Senators report, and I think it was in Senator Xenophons closing remarks, was that the Senate has sat through a number of these inquiries over the years and the same allegations continually crop up, along the lines of bullying, payback etc by the Regulator. I guess the word tautology might come to mind? The words systemic and accountability (lack of) also spring to mind, which is even more evidence that the regulator, the system, has been damaged for many years.

The AnusTSB is a different story, it was a robust, reputable investigative body until Marty stamped his bureaucratic non aviation educated mind and hands on it. And what an injustice to their investigators, to have their skills and level of training brought into question. These guys were a quality outfit, highly regarded and respected, I feel deeply for the long term and long suffering investigators having to endure the stupidity and destructive methods of their masters.

Someone mentioned previously JMac in Singapore, mingling with other regulatory bodies, interesting. I wonder what lessons he could share with them? Perhaps he used his own analogy, that of the Captain of a ship that has struck an iceberg, and as the ship takes its last gasp and slips beneath the waves Captain JMac submerged up to the chin still shouts profanities and blame toward the iceberg. Such is his arrogance and disdain towards other humans.

And Albanese, the minister for troughs, what a complete tosspot he is. Backing his minions even though they have been exposed for what they really are. The Minister should be ashamed. He ought to pack his bags, have the 'honorable' bars stripped from his sleeves, made to hand back his toupe at Parliament House front gates and banished to a life outside of politics (perhaps as an aviation or infrastructure consultant no doubt).

This is a woeful chapter in Australia's aviation evolution and one that can be salvaged but at great effort.