PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - On the Airbands - Aust Aviation - A bit lacking?
Old 25th Feb 2003, 05:59
Scooter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Axiom sounds like you carry somewhat of a chip on your shoulder old son!

Reackon your being a bit hard on Mr Tim here Axiom but like myself I used to think Aust Av was a publication that catered not only to GA but also to us "pro's" as you call us.

I reackon the magazine can do a much better job also and consider 'on the airbands' a bit of a joke that could be done alot better.
I can be critical because I subscribe all the way from HK and think the entire magazine needs a complete makeover.
Over the years I have come to expect more especially after having compared it the othre magazines from around the world and not just Oz.

Timmee,I have to agree wholeheartedly when you speak of the success of American Flying and their format that has everyone in the USA from airline execs to 'pro's' and down to those in GA reading that mag and enjoying a good ol' read that caters to everyone.

Having a number of columns from individuals spanning the gamut of the aviation spectrum is outstanding and professional as well.

Aust Aviation take note.
What would I do to make it better?
Well making it appeal to a broader range is a start.
AA will find that their distribution may be greater than just 20,000 per month or whatever it is.
And have it sent out every month instead of every two months on occassion.

A complete rebirth is the key and getting rid of "On the Airbands" or changing its format would be a good start.

Sorry Axiom - its just a little childish to me and it could be done so much better!