PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Increasing jet aircraft range.
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2013, 08:10
Natstrackalpha

Location: Not far from the edge of the Milky Way Galaxy in the Orion Arm.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would have thought you can get around the hold no problem and that taking autothrust out of . . auto - using manual thrust would stop the excursions of thrust - providing you have enough thrust to get round the corners, in your race track pattern, based on holding at altitude. `Some` ask for a certain speed in the hold like 230 kts.

Also, needless to say, if you "fix" your thrust at a constant setting during your max/long range cruise - you will go faster and faster, or (higher and higher)

Also, needless to mention, the level where you are getting max tailwind is more favourable than into the teeth of a jet(stream) say.

Also, don`t forget the hurricane thing - when flying the outer edges or the affected air of the tropical revolving storm its best to go around with the wind covering more ground and yet a lot faster ground speed.

What I didn't understand was the post by toffeez. What did you find so scary about my post 6, which, after all, was only another question? Was it that I asked a stupid question?
Nothing wrong with your post - you said nothing stupid, toffeez meant that he had to get the graphs out and work for a minute.

Love your thread Deefer.

Last edited by Natstrackalpha; 24th May 2013 at 08:24.