PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - North Sea heli ditching: Oct 2012
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2013, 05:25
DOUBLE BOGEY

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts
SASless, I have not flown the S92 but I am involved in the EC225. As you have flown neither I doubt you would have a scooby of which I am about to speak. The EC225 is a wolf in sheeps clothing. It has its issues, before the shaft event, like the same cabin as its Puma stable mates which of course one could make a good argument to say the S92 in this respect is better. The Bears certainly love the space.

However, the EC225 is a significant technological leap forward from the S92 or indeed any other machine flying currently. Incidently, the EC175 takes another leap forward again and I have had the good fortune to fly it too.

For those of us who have lived and operated with the EC225 we recognise the significant enhancements in safety and payload/range that the EC225 represents, and I say this in full knowledge that the poor old girl has thus far not cause any loss of life. I am fairly certain that such a statement cannot be said of any other helicopter in the air today.

The S92 is certailny a fine ship with some good qualities for sure, but make no mistake, it is not even in the same stable as the EC225. It is one generation at least behind it.

Your constant jingoistic jibes protray you as you are. Ill informed and ignorant of even the most basic facts. If I was able to give you just 15 minutes of time in the EC225 you would change your perspective forever.

You are backing the wrong horse from a technological perspective.

No doubt in regards to your private portfolio you are probably doing the right thing. Just don't try to hide behind your real motivation to those who know. Your opinions are poorly concieved and your arguments are thin reflections of a mind void of the advantages of facts.

DB