PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which country and which school to choose?
Old 23rd May 2013, 22:39
Marshall300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which country and which school to choose?

Hi, been watching these forums for a while and it's been a great source of information which helped me a lot to understand how things are done in aviation... So I think I've finally got a way to finance my CPL training, but as it's a hefty commitment I want to be careful about which school I'm picking. I know probably the best country to get a CPL in terms of prices, quality and weather would be the US, but I'd like to sort out all the options, besides after the training is done I assume it would be pretty difficult to get an instructor job without the work visa... That's why I'm also considering Australia where training prices are pretty much the same as in the US, but I hear it's much easier to get work after training for a non-resident, how true is that? Next is Philippines which is famous for it's cheapness, both training and cost of living wise. But as I read here on the forums it has it's drawbacks like old aircraft, not enough hours and overall low quality but I'd still like to hear the opinions... Besides those I'm looking into other Southeast Asian countries like Indonesia, Thailand or Malaysia, basically because that's the region where I want to work in my future... But I guess my main concern is where I can get a job right after training to start building hours and compensating the cost of training. Thank you all in advance...