PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON - 7
Thread: LUTON - 7
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2013, 20:27
gilesdavies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
easyJet have done STN NCL and it was axed, so cannot see LTN NCL being any more attractive.

BHD LTN would not make sense given that they wont see a competitor enter BHD onto that route, moving it over again, would make an establish route BFS LTN attractive to FR. Besides why would they dilute the current offering that supports up to 320s on some flights. Good loads and yields. GCI wont happen with easyJet 319, wouldnt work?
Hey EI-BUD, sorry if I didn't explain myself properly...

I was talking about FlyBE transferring some of their London ops to Luton, not easyJet increasing their presence more on the domestic front from Luton.

I was talking about a diluted version of their current Gatwick ops, where a number of routes might work if they flew into Luton, while not competing head to head with easyJets routes from the airport.

I think NCL, MAN and BHD could work with 2 or 3 flights a day. Also INV at different times to the easyJet flight. One or two daily flights to the likes of GCI, JER and IOM could also work. Then throw in a daily flight to Waterford too!

I am probably been far too optimistic, but I was told the other day I was being negative!