PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can anyone help identify a cockpit manual (RJ100)?
Old 23rd May 2013, 12:58
MattBAe146

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Can anyone help identify a cockpit manual (RJ100)?

Good Afternoon everyone, I'm hoping to get some advice on an item in my aviation collection. Hopefully there will be some knowledgeable person who will be able to help in some way. I'm not sure who I'm looking for really, an Swiss Aviation Historian perhaps? I don't like having something covered in mystery that's all.

Long story short I have obtained via Zurich Airport a piece of very cool history that for my personal interest I would like to find out.
It's a Speed Reference Manual for the Avro Regional Jet 146-RJ100 (The updated version of the BAe146-300) dated from August 1993.

Now the person who has given this to me said they were given it by a now passed away Swiss Air pilot and thus wasn't 100% sure of it's origins only that it was definitely placed onboard a Switzerland registered aircraft.
The chances are very very strong that it is from a Crossair aircraft (all Crossair aircraft transferred to Swiss when they were bought out) however the first Crossair RJ100 didn't arrive until 1995.

I know what all the things on the front cover mean except one thing "OSH 256" I thought I had the answer because one of the early Crossair RJ100 had the factory serial number LN:259
so I thought 256 might be the serial number but only to find out that there is no aircraft with that serial number
This manual was removed from an RJ100 at some point it's just a question of finding out which RJ100!

Even if it has come from a Crossair RJ100 it's still got a lot of sentimental attachment to me as not forgetting that it was Crossair's RJ100 HB-IXM that so sadly crashed on approach to runway 28 in 2001 killing 24 of the 33 passengers onboard.

Here are some photos:

Here is the crossair fleet: Crossair Fleet | Airfleets aviation

Thanks very much indeed and hopefully I can get any info on this at all.
Kind Regards,
Matt B