PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 23rd May 2013, 04:27
Lookleft

Received 195 Likes on 90 Posts
Yep great report with some very relevant recommendations. ATSB and to a lessor extent CASA come out looking dodgy. Do you know what happens now? The government has 3 months to reply. That reply is drafted by the same agencies that the report critisizes, three months from now the current government is in caretaker mode then there is an election. Assuming a new government they take a few months to get into the groove of being in power, then its Christmas the summer holidays and now its February 2014.

Unless there is another major aviation event in that time this report goes the way of the others. If anyone can present another timeline that isn't based on the premise that "this time it will be different because we want it to be" then I will willingy change my mind. What I have described is what happened to the last Senate report into aviation safety. If you think prune was any less passionate about that one, go have a look at the threads back then.

For Ziggy I hope you continue to push for reform and not let it get you down. The best thing you can do with this report is send a copy to your contacts in the FAA and ICAO.

As for this comment:
...and now the fun begins!!Hope the nay sayers, no hopers and wannabe professional pilots that inhabit this site can now see the reasons for my staunch defense of the crew.
This is what the report said and this has been my position all along (with thanks to Sarcs and his researching skills)

The committee accepts that the pilot in command made errors on the night, and this inquiry was not an attempt to vindicate him.