PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Woolwich
Thread: Woolwich
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2013, 23:09
smujsmith

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thing

I absolutely agree with what you say. What I was trying to suggest was that there are organisations, including our own government, who use the racist charge against anyone who dares to suggest that it's more than just a couple of blokes doing this stuff. The fact is that the same organisations have created the problem by getting involved in foreign "adventures" of dubious pedigree. In the past, such action has rarely led to the evil we have seen today. But it seems we are already witnessing the reaction of the right wing nutters on the streets tonight. Perhaps modern politicians should factor this sort of thing into their foreign policy in future.

What I do know is that I am very sad that, once again, someone has lost their life in a violent manner to satiate someone's desire to promote one religion over another. And that it is happening in our capital city, in broad daylight and seemingly unhindered for at least 20 minutes. I'm sorry if what I think offends you in any way, I certainly mean no offence to Muslims, Jews or any other religion (I have many friends who belong to all of these religions) and would not label a whole social group by the action of a few people but surely what we have seen today can only be described as barbarity. And as such can only be vilified for what it is.

Smudge